Today, there is a growing interest in the Buddha’s teachings worldwide. What is so captivating about the 2500 year old Buddha’s teachings that make them still so relevant to our modern world? Buddhist teachings show us the way to end all suffering and to attain lasting happiness. You are invited to start this journey of discovering the Buddha-Dharma.
- To introduce beginners to the Buddha-Dharma path
- To provide an in-depth knowledge and experiential learning of the essentials of Buddhism
- Informative teaching
- Interactive learning with sharing and Q&A
- Small group discussions
Who Should Attend
- Those with little or no knowledge of Buddhism
- Anyone who is interested
- Why “take refuge”?
- Who are the “Three Jewels” and why are they precious?
- What is “Karma”?
- What are the “Six Realms of Cyclic Existence”?
- What practices are the “Five/Eight/Ten Good Precepts”?
( Guide book : “The Way to Buddhahood” written by Master Yin-shun ) Benefits
- Achieve in-depth understanding about the essentials of Buddhism
- Lay a good foundation to the Buddha-Dharma path
Date : 23 August to 27 September 2014 (6 weeks, every Saturday)
Time : 2pm to 5pm
Venue : Dot Connections Growth Centre. Blk 46 Sims Place, #01-197 (Level 2) Singapore 380046
Maximum Number : 20 participants (First come, first served)
Course Offering : The course is free of charge. Donations are welcome.
Award : Certificate of Completion Registration Deadline : 16 August 2014 Enquiries : 9811 5438 (Contact person: Sharon)
About The Trainer Venerable Jian Xin has been a practising Buddhist for more than 20 years. Due to her immense interest in the Dharma, she pursued postgraduate studies for three years at Yuan Kuang Buddhist Research Institute in Taiwan and also has a Master’s Degree in Buddhist Studies from the University of London. Venerable Jian Xin trained and worked as a professional Counsellor and Therapist for 15 years. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts and Social Sciences from NUS, a Specialist Diploma in Counselling and Guidance and a Postgraduate Diploma in Satir Systemic Brief Therapy. She has conducted numerous personal transformation workshops and assisted many individuals to gain insights and direction in their lives.